CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Each September we use the GOLD ribbon to spread awareness for Childhood Cancer – the #1 leading cause of childhood death besides accidents. While childhood cancer is rare, numbers are rising each year and Houston treats more childhood cancer patients than any other city. Here’s how you can help us spread awareness for childhood cancer, in September AND all throughout the year.
BE AWARE & KNOW THE FACTS:
- Ask us for gold ribbons to hold an awareness and donation campaign at your:
- Ask for $8 donations in honor of the 8 children diagnosed with cancer each day in Houston
SUPPORT CANDLELIGHTERS FAMILIES BY PURCHASING OR COLLECTING:
- Kindles & Amazon Gift Cards
- $15 donations for one day of Hospital Parking
- Toys for Birthdays and Holidays ($25+)
- Treasure Chest Toys & Games ($5)
- Coloring Books, Crayons & Markers
- Blankets, Cozy Socks & Hats
- Gas Gift Cards
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Restaurant Gift Cards
- Travel-sized Toiletries for Hospital Stays
CONNECT WITH US:
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser
- Sponsor, Attend or Volunteer at an upcoming Candlelighters Event:
- Make a tax-deductible donation to Candlelighters
- Double your gift through your employers’ matching gift program
- Your Talents: Photography, Graphic Design, Music, Kids Activities etc.
- Extra Tickets to Sporting Events, Shows, Movies, etc.