FALL FAMILY EVENTS
Candlelighters Family Events provide much needed quality together time for childhood cancer families. Oftentimes these events are the only external source of entertainment families feel comfortable engaging in given the cost associated with other events, children being self-conscious about being the only cancer child at an event, and health concerns given their immunocompromised bodies. YOU can help us ensure these events provide wonderful fun and good memories for childhood cancer families by contributing what you are able. Sponsors will be recognized at each event throughout the year (depending on date of gift given).
This year, we will be hosting the following major programs, free to our Candlelighters families!
- Spring 2022: Senior Spotlights | Goal: $4,000 – FUNDED! | This program will support Candlelighters graduating seniors!
- July 12, 2022: Summer Surprises Party | Goal: $5,000 – FUNDED! | This fun, free family event will be a super fun outdoor summer bash! It will include gifts for patients and siblings, crafts & fun onsite activities, yard games, superheroes and princesses, and so many more surprises!
- Late Summer 2022: Backpack Blessings | Goal: $7,500 – FUNDED! | This program will support Candlelighters families with their back-to-school needs!
- October 30, 2022: Candlelighters Family Fall Festival with St. John’s School | Goal: $5,000 | The students at St. John’s always host a fun array of games, carnival events, recreational activities, and surprises. The festival also includes raffle packages, food, music, a costume contest, and more!
- November 2022: Thanksgiving Blessings | Goal: $15,000 | Help us bless 300 Candlelighters families with grocery store gift cards this holiday season! When you have a child going through cancer treatment, your priorities change and your focus shifts. Our hope is that the Thanksgiving Blessings initiative provides a meaningful gift so that a nice Thanksgiving meal doesn’t feel like a financial burden or stress, and still puts a smile on their faces. We were able to send these to 250 families last year and with your help, we can expand the program this year!
If you have any additional questions about supporting our local family programs, please contact Carly Bradshaw at [email protected] or 713-270-4700.
If you are a Candlelighters Family looking for more information on how to attend one of these events, please contact your Parent Consultant via email.
If you have questions about sponsoring or volunteering at one of these Candlelighters Family Events, please contact Carly Bradshaw at [email protected] or 713-270-4700.
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors & Donors
Causeplay Alliance Project Diamond Lion Photography DJ Jeffrey
Fairest of All Parties Greatwood Neighbors Jessica Small UR Photo Booths